I have a handful of short stories out there in the world. I have dozens more that I’m working on between novels and other projects. Maybe more will hit various markets in the near future.
Whispering Through the Veil — A fantasy short story about the love a father for a son despite being separated from one another through the power of the fae.
UPDATE 2014-11-20: I just discovered that my story was bundled with some others in a special print edition by Static Movement. You can find it here on Lulu.
UPDATE 2015-10-06: Another new discovery. The web site (Static Movement) that once hosted this story seems to have gone under some massive changes, and nothing is available there anymore. I’ve revised the story in hopes of landing it in a new home, but for how, the only option to obtain the story is via Lulu.
An Uncommon Collection — Available in paperback and ebook at Amazon, and through SmashWords. My story in the anthology is about an archaeology graduate student who discovers a set of strange books in Librorum Taberna and finds that the Knights Templar are not quite dead and gone just yet. I share a table of content with tons of great people. Here’s the table of contents for you to peruse:
- If Wishes Were Horses by Hollie Snider.
- Pinwheel by Melissa R. Kary.
- Mutiny in the Marketplace by Todd A. Walls.
- Shards of Reality by Sangita Kalarickal.
- Accidental Opportunity by Kari J. Wolfe.
- A Dragon’s Tome by A.M. Burns.
- For Hates Sake by Larry J. Cope.
- Charisma by Patrick Hester.
- A Poor Fellow Soldier by J.T. Evans.
- Thief of Dreams by Frances Burke.
- Jack English, M.D., Dragonslayer by Richard E. Collette.
- Scales by Amity Green.
- A Page Lost by Nicole Godfrey.
- The Truth by Ben Roc.
- The Door, the Lock, the Key by R. Michael Burns.
Carnival of the Damned — Available at Amazon in print and ebook. My story is Children of the Carnival and revolves around a team of Hunters tracking down people afflicted with C.L.O.W.N.S. that turn them into grotesque killing and flesh-eating creatures. The Hunters are trying to save a little girl from an abandoned traveling circus, and twisted things creep out of the night and into their lives.
Table of Contents:
- The Mirror by Tracy L. Carbone
- A Sketch of Evil by Justin Short
- Loathsome Creatures by Amity Green
- The Bloodiest Show on Earth by Adam Millard
- Within Three Pounds by Patrick Flanagan
- Ghost Lights by Scott T. Goudsward
- Abraham’s Abominations by Pamela M. Nihiser
- Calliope by Gregory L. Norris
- Patchwork by Hollie Snider
- Employee of the Month by E.F. Schraeder
- The God Box by David Heath
- Pensacola Mermaid Tank by Amelia Mangan
- The Roar of the Greasepaint by R. Michael Burns
- The Carnival’s Children by J.T. Evans
Twenty Six Point Five Shades of Scarlet — Available at DriveThru RPG as a “Pay What You Want.” This was a pseudo-April Fools publication put out by Encoded Designs and written by several columnists from Gnome Stew. The theme of the anthology was to write a gnome-centric romance story. My story has a bit of romance, but executes the “fade to black” approach when things finally got hot ‘n’ steamy. Some of the other stories get very into the sex and romance of their tales, though.
Table of Contents:
- The Scandal of Gnomehemia by Troy E. Taylor
- The Gnome Hunters by Senda Linaugh
- A Lady’s Beard by Matt Neagley
- An Unlikely Hero by J.T. Evans
CONSUMED: Tales Inspired by the Wendigo — You can find all the places it’s available over at the Denver Horror web page for the anthology. My story is about a young lieutenant in the United States Army who is stationed at Fort Assinniboine in northern Montana Territory. After an encounter with wild mountain man in the year 1885, things go sideways for our lieutenant in ways he never saw coming. Along with my story (CABIN FEVER), you’ll find almost 20 total stories from some great authors.
Particular Passages — My first published short story (see top of this page for that info) found a new home and has been revised to improve the story and fix some issues with it. Whispering Through the Veil is a story about a father who trades himself for his son in a deal with a faerie queen and continues to guide his son by whispering through the veil in the worlds despite the horrific maladies it costs him. There are 15 total stories in the anthology, and it was great fun working with Sam Knight while putting things together. There are some great stories by great authors in there, so check it out!