Monthly Archives: June 2011

Warmaiden Revisions Done

I’ve finished revising Warmaiden. I gave myself 10 days to do it and it only took a total of 6. I’m quite happy with myself. That gives me hope that once I get it in front of a willing agent/editor, I can do whatever changes they ask of me in record time. Now to run it through the CSFWG and see what changes they ask of me….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course, I did another Wordle of the book, and the results were much better than last time. Laurin is still my main word, but the sizing of her name is much smaller in relation to the rest of the words in the image.

 


Revisions of Warmaiden

I’m working my way through the book again doing some touch ups and minor revisions (with some major work in places) to tighten up the prose before sending it through the CSFWG again. I started working on it last Thursday. Every spare moment that I’ve managed to grab has been poured into the revision process. This includes lunch, nap times for the kid, downtime right before bed and every other moment that I can think of. At lunch today, I managed to get within 39 pages of finishing the revisions, and I can’t wait to be done.

Having gone through the book again, I’ve fallen in love with it all over again. Little nuances that I’ve planted in the book leaped from the page at me, and I found myself smiling at the adventures of Laurin, Gerra, Sigri, Raullin and all of the others in their quest to defeat Xanathos and return home safely to Caer Saberi.

I can’t wait to get the book back in front of the CSFWG and see what they have to say on the matter.


Wordle for Warmaiden :: 2011-06-08

There’s a great web site out there for writers called Wordle. You can upload your text, and it’ll output a Java display that you can print or screen shot that will show you the density of the various words that you use. The larger the word in the image, the more times you’ve used it in the text. Here’s my Wordle for Warmaiden as of yesterday:

 

Wordle for Warmaiden -- 2011-06-07

As you can see, I’ve used “Laurin” a wee bit too much throughout the 108,000 words of Warmaiden. I expected the name to be the largest since she’s my protagonist. I didn’t expect it to be that large, though. Time for some more edits to remove character filtering and “gawking narrator”. Once I’m done with the edits in a week or two, I’ll upload a new image and we can compare the progress and improvements.